Sunday, January 6, 2008

Late Night Conversations With Myself


First and foremost, I fully expect that this entry will never be seen by its intended reader. However, it is a world wide web, and who am I to assume that in its vastness this tiny gesture couldn't somehow find its way to its destiny. In any case, here it is:

I was thinking, as I often do, and upon such thoughts as, "Why doesn't google automatically capitalize words like my BlackBerry does?..." I came across the pondering, "Hmm... Incubus is kind of a cool band."  This is not a new idea, of course, as I've enjoyed this band for some time. Perhaps not as much as Jimmy Eat World or Muse, but quite a bit nonetheless. And speaking of Muse.... 

This Incubus song should have come out circa 2003... it would have possibly saved me from a world of heartache. Although, "Time is Running Out" seemed to have given me only a giggle of a clue so I guess it's touch and go with these things. Any way you slice it, though, this song pretty much sums up a relationship I was both cursed and blessed with....

I'll never forgive you, but I'll definitely never forget you either. You know who you are........

Incubus - "Oil and Water"

You and...
I are... like oil and water
We've been tryin'
Tryin'
Trying
Ohhhh... to mix it up

We've been...
Dancing... on a volcano
And we've been cryin'
Cryin'
Crying
Ohhh... over blackened souls

Babe, this wouldn't be the first time
It will not be the last time
There's no parasol that could shelter this weather

I've been...
Smiling... with anchors on my shoulders
And I've been dyin'
Dyin'
Dying
Ohhh... to let them go

Babe, this wouldn't be the first time
And it will not be the last time
There's no parasol that could shelter this weather

We've been...
Lying... to each other
Hey! Babe, let's just call it, 
Call it
Call it
Ohhh... what it is

Oil and water...

No comments: